Monday, May 3, 2010

What would one blog about, if they were going to start a blog?

Life? Cooking? Music? School? Pets? Family? Spirituality? Sure... I will probably try each of those out. I am beginning this blog with no clear path, but, in the words of Austin Powers, "Allow myself to introduce... myself...". I am a 24 year old student living in Las Vegas with her boyfriend and two dogs. My family is my life, and close behind them comes laughter, music, food, art, and anything else that makes me happy in the moment. I quote movies and TV shows and comedy sketches... a lot...

I was born and raised in Las Vegas, and my heart belongs to the desert. The dramatic landscape, dry heat, and lack of natural disasters in the Las Vegas Valley will probably keep me here most of my life. Vegas is the entertainment capital of the world, so my man-friend, the Chief, who owns an audio and production company here, will probably not want to go anywhere for a while either. The pups, Norman and Suzie Q., are quite content in Las Vegas, as long as they have a pool to cool off in during those hot summer days, and a person to give kisses to at night.

My immediate family is best described in their own post, but they consist of mom, dad, sister and brother. Oh yes, and I can't forget the youngest, most spoiled, brattiest, most demanding, most hilarious and entertaining and sweet member of the family, Miss Molly, our Scottie dog.

The rest of the family is diverse and entertaining, dramatic and politically incorrect, conservative and out of control, and there are a ton of them. They are fueled by Coors Light, corny and inappropriate jokes, and singing the first verse and chorus of any and every cowboy song you can remember hearing around the campfire as a kid. I love them all so much, and I try to keep in touch and let them know it!

Right now my life consists of going to school (studying Interior Design), helping plan my sister's college graduation celebratory activities, trying to keep up with the ever-changing life of the Chief, and continuing the challenge of losing about 60 pounds (I've lost about 21 so far!). I shall use this blog as a diary, and who knows, maybe it will turn into something worth reading. :)

2 comments:

  1. yesssssssssssssssssss YOU BLOGGED! I am so excited to read your next blog already! :) I miss youuu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about this blogging nonsense, but I like the way you write, so I shall read

    ReplyDelete